8.12.10

人生はまだ驚きに満ちている

I'm having 2 and a half months holiday in Japan until 5th of January, didn't think of blogging about my trip so soon, the thought was changed after I met a graphic designer during my short trip to Nagano, Mr.Ota Nabuyuki (Manz design).

Ota san is living beside the backpacker hostel I was staying, the owner of 1166 Backpacker Hostel introduced me to Ota san, we share the same interest and later I visited his office - Kanematsu. He is sharing a very old but awesome warehouse office with other architect and editor partners. Everyone was unbelievable friendly, I was so amazed by the interior as well, it's definitely one of the dream studio for me.

Soon after that trip, I wrote an email to Ota san to ask whether I can work with him for a short while, he agreed and even offer a room for me to stay, Subarashii~ So 2 weeks after that I came back to Nagano, working with a Japanese designer. We doesn't speak same language, the only language we both sharing is graphic design. I'm really looking forward for what I'm gonna meet next, no matter what I think it's going be an unforgettable experience.

Now I'm here and the first task he gave to me is, to blog about what I've experienced in Nagano everyday... So for the following 3 weeks I'll constantly update my blog, and also in Manz's blog.

Amazing things happened when you take one step out of your comfort zone. Let's see what happen next, Gambatte masu!


- 1166 backpacker hostel.

- tempura party in 1166.

- me in Ota's office :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _


So, here's my 1st blog post in Manz Day book:

"Hajimemaste.

Hello Minasan, Konnichiwa~ This is Driv, a graphic designer from Malaysia. I've just quit my job recently and having a long holiday traveling around Japan. I met Ota San in a very rare circumstances and end up I'll be working with him for few weeks in Nagano. I'm always fascinated by Japanese graphic design, I believe this is going to be an amazing experience.

Thank you so much Ota San, you are so kind! Let's do some good works together, Gambatte masu! "


- Ota san, Manz Design.

No comments: