30.12.10

忘年


This is my second last day in Nagano. We went to check out an old kindergarten (長野中央幼稚園) in the morning with Kuraishi and Kei san from Bonnecura. According to Kei san the kindergarten will not be occupied anymore since the building is getting too old and will be demolished in few years time. They are planning to renovate the space and reuse it as a gallery, shop or something. I loves old and antique stuff, and appreciate the way of Japanese preserve their own culture and historical objects, they always make good use and find a good place for this classic old design.



- Custom-made wooden blocks, simple and great toy design for kid.

- Orie san's figure made by her puppeteer parents.


- Mari chan stealing wooden tea tray from Nanographica.

A good friend of mine Mari chan from Tokyo came to visit us in the afternoon. We had lunch in Hiyori and had great conversation thanks to Orie san, our caring translator. I became a tour guide and show Mari around Monzen area, the naughty Mari chan made snowman in front of the sacred temple... And then I brought her to nanographica, which I think is one of the best cafe gallery, shop, studio in Nagano. The monthly photography magazine, machinami 街並み which produced by them are simply beautiful. Too bad the cafe was closed but we manage to steal some free gift in their front door.



Joined Bonnecura's bonenkai 忘年会 at night. It was a bit dreamy and unreal to see most of the people I've met during the past 3 weeks gathered around together in a tiny restaurant, it's kinda like a movie flash back when I saw all the nice people from Bonnecura, todoroki design, Hiyori cafe, country-press, ultra-L (Hara san's office), great chef and owner of the Italian restaurant Komatsuya, etc. It's so amazing that all the talented people from different fields are friends and knew each other.

Ota san presented a pair of Tshirts that he designed quickly yesterday for me as a souvenir. Well, It's a bit gay to have both of our face on the T-shirt but it makes the best gift for my stay in Nagano. Arigatou! I'm really appreciate it!

- Wild people in the Karaoke.

- Ota san with our memorable Tshirt.

It was my last night here of course they won't let me go home so easily. We went for midnight karaoke session, the good and gentle people I used to know suddenly become different at night... jumping around and shouting like a mad person. Yeah~ work hard and play harder, that's the spirit!

No comments: